Strategic consulting, customized communications concepts, product PR, medical PR, corporate PR, internal communications
We advise our national and international healthcare clients on all public relations issues, covering topics like medical innovations, new products, current treatment options, health policy and also corporate PR.
Customized communications concepts according to our clients´ briefing and following in-depth market analysis - full of ideas and targeted in their implementation: This is´t just top of the list in our service specifications, but the first step in a long-term and successful collaboration with our clients.
We offer long-term strategic consulting if you are trying to establish a brand, but we can also support you with individual projects. Thanks to our medical/scientific background we can quickly familiarize ourselves with challenging topics and take some of the burden off of your team.Overview of all our services
We analyze the market situation for our clients. As healthcare market communications experts with many years of experience, we recognize pitfalls and chances - and find out how to best implement our clients´ communications tasks.
This is how we develop creative communications concepts:
- During the first briefing we take time to outline the current situation with our clients and define the communications tasks.
- Next we research vital information on the indication, the competitive environment and future trends on the healthcare market and frame the initial situation which will be clarified during a re-briefing, together with other open questions.
- Now we do a SWOT-analysis: Where do we see strengths, where are the weaknesses, which opportunities are there and what kind of threats might arise?
- Based on this analysis we define our PR goals, formulate the messages with which we want to reach our target groups and choose a strategic communications approach.
- Based on this foundation we develop creative PR activities in order to position the messages with the appropriate target groups in the long term. Our spectrum of PR activities is broad - but we develop the appropriate tools for every task and analyze which ideas will be best able to attain our goals.
- Among other things, we evaluate the success of our work with surveys and media response analyses.
For us, pro-active and strategic consulting is based on in-depth knowledge of a healthcare market that is always in the process of re-defining itself. As communications experts, we know about current trends and have a 'feel' for which topics garner attention in the media and with the public.
Our understanding of strategic consulting:
- We are constantly monitoring your competitors´ communications activities and will keep you up-to-date on changes in the competitive environment.
- We recognize potential crises immediately and offer customized solutions.
- We react promptly to changing circumstances and decide on how to modify the communications strategy.
- We subject new ideas to a thorough test - if they don´t achieve the projected goal, you will hear a clear "No" from us.
Product PR (Rx / OTC) - from Premarketing through all Life Cycles
Regardless of whether your focus is on prescribers, recommenders or directly on patients: We make sure that your product takes center stage. After researching the competitive environment, we develop topical approaches in order to position the product message in a targeted and easy-to-understand way. Depending on the communications task, we target medical target groups and/or consumers, patients and/or their families. For us, product PR includes communication for ethical and OTC products, but also for drug and non-drug-related treatments and for hospitals and associations.
In order to communicate successfully with external target groups, you need precisely formulated messages within a company. Because messages that are to be anchored outside of the company need to be clearly communicated internally. So it is necessary to align internal and external communications processes with one another.
When it comes to your internal communications, you can count on us for the following:
- Material for communicating with your sales team
- Establishing and maintaining an intranet
- Employee magazines
With the help of corporate PR you can achieve broad coverage of your company and thus increase your market visibility. We tell your corporate story, describe the people, values and philosophy behind your company and give you an authentic image.
Among other things, we can support you with:
- Corporate website: relaunch, new development and content management
- Corporate philosophy: developing and implementing employee workshops
Themed PR Campaigns
Our themed PR campaigns focus on increasing awareness and/or acceptance for an indication. This is particularly true of orphan disease patients, whom doctors rarely see. Time and again, they need to become the focus of attention - with doctors and the public at large - in order to make sure they are diagnosed quickly and receive treatment.
Few other sectors are in a similar state of transition as the healthcare, pharmaceutical and medical sector. Since discount agreements for generics were passed in 2007, the German drug market has undergone a radical transformation. First manufacturers of generics needed to re-think since the health insurance companies advanced from "payers" to "players". Medical service providers began to set prices thanks to discount agreement tenders. But not only manufacturers of patent-free drugs saw and see themselves confronted with a paradigm shift - research-based pharmaceutical industry also needs to explore new avenues:
With the Pharmaceutical Market Restructuring Act (AMNOG) of 2011, refundable drugs are being subjected to an even more thorough cost/benefit-analysis by the Institute for Quality and Economic Efficiency in Healthcare (IQWiG). The practice of "early benefit assessment" in particular has turned out to be an effective tool with which policy makers are now taking things into their own hands when it comes to prices for new drugs - an entirely new development in the history of German medicine. In short, the market is changing. Because many communications activities that used to be successful no longer work, players in the field need to change the way they communicate. In this context, we think PR needs to be re-defined.
As effective health policy PR partners, we can support you with the following expertise:
- Strategic consulting without "internal blinders" - we observe and tell you what the public expects from you.
- The appropriate activities for each "law" - health policy PR must always be customized.
- Anticipatory market knowledge - the market is changing and we know what is happening and where it is happening.
- Constant networking - CGC maintains good relationships with many players in the healthcare system like insurance companies, doctors´ associations or the pharmaceutical industry.
Faulty products, unexpected developments, wrong decisions, accidents and catastrophes - crises can occur in every company. Usually they come up suddenly and need to be addressed quickly to keep the damage to a company´s image to a minimum and to restore trust. Analyzing potential risk factors in advance helps prevent crisis situations from developing. Far-sighted strategic planning of communications activities ensures rapid and pro-active reactions in a worst-case scenario while allowing clients to concentrate on taking the necessary corporate decisions.
We prepare our clients for potential crises and also support them in a crisis situation.
- Crisis dossiers: advance analysis of potential risk situations
- Development of effective risk and crisis communications strategies
- Crisis plans: crisis unit, staff responsibilities, telephone numbers, workflow charts, wordings
- Defining wordings with clear messages for crisis scenarios
- Making QandA-catalogues accessible
- Dark sites
- Templates for press activities
- Implementation of effective communications measures in case an acute crisis ensues
- Individual support of a company in case a crisis develops
- Pro-active and long-term media relations
- External press office for the company in crisis
- Media and communication training sessions
Professional crisis management needs immediate attention. In case a crisis develops, you will receive consulting and communications support at +49 (0)176 24 112 991!
Medical Support, KOL Communication and Certified eTests
Because of our scientific background, we are partners who can communicate eye-to-eye with your key opinion leaders. We know what your KOLs need and can develop and draw up customized activities, be these continuing medical education or media training. We also support our clients when collaborating with experts in developing scientific material. High-quality medical documentation for doctors and patients is mandatory when a product is being launched - be it a review or a patient information leaflet. But these tools in particular are time-consuming and can hardly be handled internally any more. CGC can support you competently and quickly, including on a project basis. Take advantage of our expertise.
Within this context our portfolio includes:
- Consensus talks
- Advisory boards
- Media training
- CME / Medical education
- Medical writing
After 20 years in the business of healthcare communications, we have a broad knowledge base. We are familiar with the market situation of numerous indications, have established contacts with leading opinion leaders and analyze competitive trends.Overview of our experience
|Aesthetic medicine||Scar treatment|
|Dermatology||Sclerodermy, scar treatment|
|Diabetology||Long-acting insulins (Health policy)|
|Dental medicine||Caries prevention through chewing gum|
|Enteral nutrition||Tube feeding|
|Endocrinology||Thyroid diseases, female and male menopause|
|Immunology||Vaccination campaign: "Hessen impft!", Travel Med|
|Cardiovascular diseases||PAH (Pulmonal arterial hypertension)|
|Medical products||Contact lenses, hyaluronic acid, asthma inhalers|
|Neonatology||Urea cycle defects|
|Nephrology||Iron substitution products|
|Naturopathy||Respiratory tract infections, bladder infections, nervousness, diseases of the digestive system, nervous heart problems|
|Urology||Erectile dysfunction, bladder infections, male menopause, prostate diseases|
|Hepatology||Alcohol abuse, urea cycle defects|
|Gynaecology||Menopause, unwanted infertility, in-vitro-fertilisation, contraception|
|Pneumology||PAH (Pulmonal arterial hypertension), asthma, respiratory tract infections|
|Rheumatology||Low-dose cortisone therapy|
|Gastroenterology||Gastritis (PPI, eradication therapy), Morbus Crohn, Colitis ulcerosa, pancreatic insufficiency|
|Ophthalmology||Conjunctivitis, contact lenses|
|Nutrition||Diets and functional food in special diseases, weight reduction concepts|
|Neurology/Psychiatry||ADHD, depression, Parkinson, anxiety disorders|
|PR for associations||VDGH|
We count on tried and tested tools to implement successful PR. However, we also keep an eye on trends and advise our clients individually with regard to the use of dialog-oriented online communications channels:Our choice of tools
Media activities for print, radio, TV, online
e.g. press releases, editorial visits, collaborations, radio and TV features, press kits, exclusive features ...
Events, road shows and competitions
for the media, opinion leaders, patients and consumers e.g. press conferences, satellite symposia, doctors´ training / CME, workshops, patient seminars, media training ...
Publications and production of photos, films and graphics
for patients and consumers, medical professionals, clients and employees e.g. photo shootings, info-graphics, video-clips and footage material, brochures, magazines, newsletters, lecture slides ...
Web 2.0 / Mobile applications
for patients, consumers and medical professionals
Not just patients communicate via the Internet about certain forms of treatment. Prescribers also interact on the net and widely discuss topics on special platforms. Regardless of whether it´s Facebook, YouTube or opinions voiced on a blog - the chances for engaging in a discussion seem endless. Smart phones and tablets are everywhere and offer new channels for communicating. We would be happy to advise you on how you can establish a dialogue with your target groups on the web and show you which strategies can lead to success.
e.g. blogs, Facebook, YouTube, iPhone apps ...
Certified Medical Education on the Internet (eTests)
The Internet platform www.my-cme.de offers doctors, pharmacists as well as pharmaceutical and medical professionals the chance to practice eLearning and to collect CME credits. Courses for accredited continuing medical education (CME) are certified by the Medical Association of the State of Hesse, the units for pharmacists and pharmaceutical employees are accredited by the German Federal Association of Pharmacists. The online academy is an initiative of CGC and the media agency health&media GmbH, which is a spin-off of the Fraunhofer Institute for Graphic Data Processing in Darmstadt, Germany. As a content specialist, CGC is also responsible for recruiting and liaising with experts and for the entire certification and accreditation process.
Internet portal, intranets and microsites
for patients, consumers, experts and employees
Working groups, advisory boards, medical support and consensus meetings
Collaborations with multipliers
e.g. associations, clubs and self-help groups